DJI CrystalSky MonitorDJI CrystalSky Monitor: Created for outdoor aerial imaging, the CrystalSky monitor features an ultra-bright screen that is clearly visible in sunlight. It is designed from the ground up to work seamlessly with the DJI GO app, giving camera operators total control.
ULTRA-BRIGHT:A maximum 2000 cd/m² of brightness means the CrystalSky monitor is more than four times as bright as typical mobile devices. On-screen details are clear and sharp, and colors are vibrant, giving the quality needed to fine tune image composition. A dedicated Sunlight Readability Enhancement mode is especially designed for processing the image in real-time to ensure more comfortable viewing under bright light.
- 5.5”/7.85” = 1000 cd/m²;
- 7.85” Ultra Bright = 2000 cd/m²
- Resolution: 2048x1536 (7.85”) / 1920x1080 (5.5”)
SMOOTHER VIDEO DISPLAY:The CrystalSky monitor uses optimized video decoding to decode video in real-time. Due to limitations in software access on smartphones and tablets, video decoding in other smart devices is less than ideal. When used to view photos or videos transmitted by the camera, problems can occur including video jitter, long latency and more. The CrystalSky monitor’s optimized decoder provides smooth, real-time video with minimal latency.
CUSTOMIZED SYSTEM AND DJI GO/DJI GO 4A newly designed system removes unnecessary Android apps and services and is resistant to viruses and junk software. This ensures that the CrystalSky monitor is able to offer optimum performance at all times. Its embedded DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app provides full access to all DJI GO/DJI GO 4 features including aircraft parameter adjustment, camera control, footage management, and playback. Using offline maps, maps can be kept available even if going out of Wi-Fi reach.
POWER SUPPLY:A two cell 4920 mAh secondary external battery gives the CrystalSky monitor a longer operating time than comparable mobile devices. It supports quick charge, and controls its discharge rate well even in low temperatures. Used with the 7.85" and 5.5" screens, it can achieve a maximum operation time of 4-5 hours and 5-6 hours respectively.
DUAL SD CARD SLOTS:Equipped with dual Micro SD Card slots, the CrystalSky monitor’s storage can be extended, or footage recorded on a Micro SD Card can be played back directly on the monitor. It can also be used for footage backups. Using editors built in DJI GO/DJI GO 4, high-quality edits can be made quickly and instantly shared to social media. The CrystalSky monitor supports H.264 and H.265 video decoding, allowing it to play back these files at 30 fps and 60 fps respectively. These videos can also be output through its HDMI port.
PORTS AND NETWORK:The CrystalSky monitor’s HDMI port allows up to 4K video to be output to FPV goggles and other display devices. Built-in dual band Wi-Fi means it can connect to Wi-Fi networks and Wi-Fi hotspots from mobile devices, and it is also compatible with 4G dongles and USB storage through its USB-A port. When connected to the internet, the CrystalSky monitor gets easy access to system upgrades, livestreaming, photo or video sharing, data synchronization and more. File sizes are optimized as much as possible to minimize mobile data demands. Onboard Micro USB and USB-C ports make it convenient to connect the CrystalSky monitor with a remote controller or other devices.
EXTREME TEMPERATURE OPTIMISED:Most smart devices are designed to operate in common temperature ranges. The CrystalSky monitor's external battery has been designed for more extreme temperatures. It is able to operate in as low as -4°F (-20°C) and, with its internal cooling system, functions normally in temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C).
DJI AERIAL SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY:The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series, and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile) over Wi-Fi or via a remote controller USB port, depending on your specific product.* Also, CrystalSky easily attaches to the Cendence remote controller without an additional mounting bracket.
IN THE BOX:
- 5.5" High Brightness: CrystalSky Monitor ×1 Intelligent Battery ×1 Intelligent Battery Charging Hub ×1
- 7.85" High Brightness: CrystalSky Monitor ×1 Intelligent Battery ×2 Intelligent Battery Charging Hub ×1
- 7.85" Ultra Brightness: CrystalSky Monitor ×1 Intelligent Battery ×2 Intelligent Battery Charging Hub ×1
- Mavic Pro
- Phantom 4 Series
- Phantom 3 Series
- Inspire Series
- Osmo Pro
- Osmo RAW
- Cendence Remote Controller
- CrystalSky - Remote Controller Mounting Bracket
- Inspire 2 Battery Charger (IN2C180)
- Inspire 2 Battery Charger (ADE018)
- Inspire 2 Car Charger (C6S90-2)
- Inspire 1 100W Battery Charger (A14-100P1A)
- Inspire 1 180W Battery Charger (ADE018)
- Inspire 1 Car Charger (C6S90)
- Phantom 4 Series Battery Charger (PH4C100)
- Phantom 4 Series 160W Battery Charger (PH4C160)
- Phantom 4 Car Charger (C6S90)
- Phantom 3 Professional Battery Charger (ADE019)
- Phantom 3 Car Charger (C4S90)
- ***Phantom 3 57W Battery Charger (A14-057N1A)
- ***Osmo 57W Battery Charger (A14-057N1A)
***The 57W battery charger does not supply enough power to charge batteries and other devices connected to the USB port simultaneously. DO NOT use the USB port to charge another device when charging batteries.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- What is the difference between the High Brightness and Ultra Brightness versions of the 7.85" CrystalSky monitor? The brightness of the High Brightness version is 1000cd/m2 while the Ultra Brightness version reaches 2000cd/m2.
- What makes CrystalSky different from ordinary smart device monitors? The maximum brightness on most smart devices is often between 500 cd/m2 and 705cd/m2. The High Brightness CrystalSky monitor and Ultra Brightness monitors reach 1000cd/m2 and 2000cd/m2 respectively, ensuring comfortable viewing under bright light outdoors.
- What are the dual microSD card slots on the CrystalSky monitor used for? They can increase the CrystalSky monitor’s storage, be used to play back footage recorded on a micro SD Card and for footage backup.
- What are the ports on the CrystalSky monitor? HDMI (3840 x 2160 output) Dual microSD card slots Micro USB port USB Type-C port USB-A port
- Does the CrystalSky monitor include a speaker and microphone? Yes.
- How is the CrystalSky monitor's brightness adjusted? The CrystalSky monitor’s brightness can be adjusted manually and automatically. When set to adjust automatically, CrystalSky will adjust its brightness based on the ambient brightness detected by its light sensor.
- Can the CrystalSky monitor connect to Wi-Fi networks or a mobile device via Bluetooth? The CrystalSky monitor can connect to Wi-Fi networks or Wi-Fi hotspots from mobile devices. Bluetooth is not supported.
- Can I customize CrystalSky monitor button functions? The F1 and F2 buttons on the CrystalSky monitor can be customised, and some buttons on the remote controller can be set to control CrystalSky functions using the DJI GO app. For more details, see the remote controller section of your respective product’s user manual.
- What operating system does the CrystalSky monitor use? The CrystalSky monitor uses a customised Android operating system embedded with the DJI GO , DJI GO 4, and DJI Pilot app.
- Can I edit footage on the CrystalSky monitor? Yes, you can use the CrystalSky monitor to edit your footage using the DJI GO app.
- Which social media platforms can I share my video videos and photos to? You can share to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other common social networks.
- How do I upgrade the CrystalSky monitor’s operating system and DJI GO app? You can upgrade the operating system through an Internet connection or by downloading the upgrade package from the official DJI website, copying it to an SD card, and inserting the SD card into the monitor. The monitor will start upgrading when switched on. The DJI GO app can also be upgraded using the internet, and you can upgrade DJI GO and the OS at the same time.
- Can I install other applications on the CrystalSky monitor? No.
- *Note: CrystalSky - Remote Controller Mounting Bracket (Part 3) is required to mount the CrystalSky monitor to a DJI Remote Controller
- *Note: CrystalSky - Osmo Pro/RAW Mounting Bracket is required to mount the CrystalSky monitor to a Osmo Pro/Raw
- *Note: Cendence remote controllers come with a CrystalSky mounting bracket
- *Note: CrystalSky does not include a charger. Scroll down to learn more about compatible chargers.
- *Note: The Mavic Pro and Osmo series gimbal cameras (excluding the Osmo Mobile) are only compatible with 5.5" Crystalsky monitors